HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR REAL ESTATE LICENSE
How to obtain your Real Estate License.
Real Estate Associate – To be eligible for a Real Estate Sales Associate License, the State of Florida requires the following:
• You have to be at least 18 years of Age.
• You must have a High School Diploma.
• You must receive approval of your state application.
• You need to complete and pass a state approved 63-hour course.
• You need to pass a state examination.
• You do not need to be a Florida Resident.
1) Choose a Real Estate School to complete the 63-hour course.
Completion Certificates are issued upon completion of course and passing course exam.
Locations: Naples & Ft. Myers
2) Fill-Out State Application. You can submit the application in two ways:
a) Online- Department of Business & Professional Regulation Website. www.Myfloridalicense.com
b) Mail- Download & Print the Application The application fee paid to the state is $ 105.00. It will take 4-6 weeks on average for the state to process & approve your application.
3) You must submit your fingerprints electronically before your application can be approved.
Appointments are scheduled with the state testing vendor, Pearson VUE. This can be done online, or by calling (877) 238-8232.
Schedule Fingerprint Appointment Online Pearson.ibtfingerprint.com Pearson VUE Testing Locations The Fingerprinting Fee is $53.50.
4) Pass the State Exam:
Before you can take your state exam, the state must approve your application for licensure.
You must bring your course completion certificate with you to be permitted to test. To schedule your exam, contact Pearson VUE, the state testing vendor.
They have locations throughout the state. You can make an appointment online, or by calling (888) 204-6289.
– Setup a test Appointment Online
– Pearson VUE Testing Locations
– The exam fee paid to Pearson VEJE is $3 1.50
– The state exam is a 100 question multiple choice test with a passing score of 75%.
– If you fail the exam, you may retake it as many times as necessary, at a cost of $3 1.50 each time, as soon as you can make a new appointment.